|Source: Red Book|
What is a 1897 penny worth today?
CoinTrackers.com has estimated the 1897 Indian Head Penny value at an average of $3.00, one in certified mint state (MS+) could be worth $65.
Which Indian Head pennies are valuable?
These are the most valuable Indian Head pennies, from least to most expensive.
- 1895 Indian Head Cent. Penny value: $172. …
- 1885 Indian Head Cent. …
- 1886 Indian Head Cent (Type 1) (Tie) …
- 1874 Indian Head Cent (Tie) …
- 1875 Indian Head Cent. …
- 1873 Indian Head Cent (Open 3) …
- 1878 Indian Head Cent (Tie) …
- 1876 Indian Head Cent (Tie)
What are the rarest pennies?
25 Most Valuable US Pennies
- 1.) 1944 Steel Wheat Penny – Worth $110,334.
- 2.) 1943 Copper Wheat Penny – Worth $85,782.
- 3.) 1856 Flying Eagle Penny – Worth $25,000.
- 4.) 1873 Indian Head Penny – Worth $10,000.
- 5.) 1858 Flying Eagle Penny – Worth $10,000.
- 6.) 1857 Flying Eagle Penny – Worth $7,000.
- 7.) …
Should I clean my Indian head penny?
While cleaning an Indian Head Penny is not advised, especially for old coins or those that have been inherited, there is a way to clean the penny using mild dishwashing detergent. Wash hand with soap to remove oils and dirt from your fingers. … Place the penny in the soapy water and gently rub on both sides of the coin.
Is a 1900 Indian head penny worth anything?
Not a date commonly found anymore, your 1900 Indian head penny value is $1.45 per coin, even with heavy wear. Minimum value is quickly left behind if your coin is in reasonably nice condition, and only just moderately worn. One of the important factors used by collectors to value old pennies is their condition.
At what age do pennies become valuable?
Lincoln pennies that were minted between 1959 and 1982 tend to be worth more since they are almost 100 percent copper, rather than an alloy.
How much is a 1943 D steel penny worth?
CoinTrackers.com has estimated the 1943 D Steel Wheat Penny value at an average of 45 cents, one in certified mint state (MS+) could be worth $12.