|Highest (disputed, claimed)||K2||Karakoram on border between Gilgit-Baltistan (administered by Pakistan) and Xinjiang (administered by China)|
|Highest (undisputed and entirely within India)||Nanda Devi||Garhwal Himalaya|
Where in India is the elevation the lowest?
Lowest Point: Kuttanad, Kerala
This region is 2.2 m below the sea level. It is mainly known for its geographical peculiarities and endless paddy fields.
What are the extreme points of India?
Four extreme points of India –
- Southern most point of India – Indira Point (Great Nicobar)
- Southern most point of India mainland – Kanyakumari (Tamil Nadu)
- Northern most point of India – Indira Col (Ladakh)
- Western most point of India – Guhar Moti or Ghuar Mota (Gujarat)
Which country has no mountain?
The highest country on Earth? That’s Bhutan, where the average altitude is a lofty 3,280 metres.
Which is India’s southernmost point?
Cape Comorin, rocky headland on the Indian Ocean in Tamil Nadu state, southeastern India, forming the southernmost point of the subcontinent. It is the southern tip of the Cardamom Hills, an extension of the Western Ghats range along the west coast of India.
How many points are in India?
Kanyakumari at 8°4′41″N and 77°55′230″E is the southernmost tip of the Indian mainland, while the southernmost point in India is Indira Point on Great Nicobar Island. The northernmost point which is under Indian administration is Indira Col, Siachen Glacier.
Geography of India.
|Coastline||7,516.6 km (4,670.6 mi)|
What is the lowest city on earth?
1. Baku is the world’s lowest lying capital city. Believe it or not, Baku sits 28 metres below sea level, which makes it the world’s lowest lying capital city. (In fact, it is one of only two capital cities with an elevation officially below sea level, the other being Amsterdam.)
Which country is below sea level?
|1||Dead Sea||Jordan – West Bank – Israel|
|2||Allenby Bridge||Jordan – West Bank|