According to Buddhist texts, the Huna king Mihirakula was extremely cruel and barbaric. An ardent follower of Hindu Shaivism, he destroyed Buddhist sites, ruined monasteries, killed monks. Yashodharman and Gupta Empire rulers, in and after about 532 CE, reversed Mihirakula’s campaign and ended the Mihirakula era.
Who is the most cruel Hindu ruler?
Ten Cruel Indian Rulers
- Firuz Shah Tughlaq. As the head of the Tughlaq dynasty, Firuz Shah Tughlaq ruled over the Sultanate of Delhi for 37 years from 1351 to 1388. …
- Pushyamitra Shunga. …
- Mihirakula. …
- Alauddin Khilji. …
- Ashoka. …
- Tipu Sultan. …
- Aurangzeb. …
- Shah Jahan.
Who was the cruelest king of world?
9 of the worst monarchs in history
- Pope John XII (954–964)
- King John (1199–1216)
- King Richard II (1377–99)
- Ivan IV ‘the Terrible’ (1547–84)
- Mary, Queen of Scots (1542–67)
- Emperor Rudolf II (1576–1612)
- Queen Ranavalona I of Madagascar (1828–61)
- King Leopold II of Belgium (1865–1909)
Who was the kindest king of India?
The greatest ruler known to Indian history is Ashoka The Great. His empire was founded by Chandragupta Maurya, who was a grandfather of Ashoka, more than 2300 years ago.
Who is the most powerful king in history?
Khan was the founder of the Mongol Empire, the largest land-based empire the world has ever seen. Given the size of his army, the levels of discipline and training he instilled were incredible.
Who was the first king of India?
Ans: Chandragupta Maurya was the first king/ruler of Ancient India.
Who is the most brutal leader in history?
Here are the 6 most brutal leaders in modern history.
- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945)
- Joseph Stalin (1878-1953)
- Pol Pot (1925-1998)
- Heinrich Himmler (1900-1945)
- Saddam Hussein (1937-2006)
- Idi Amin (1952-2003)