The half-yearly water and sewerage tax is calculated as 3.5% of the annual rental value of the property, which was drastically increased for several added and core areas by the Chennai Corporation in July last year.
How much is the water tax in Chennai?
1) Water Tax 1.5% of assessed annual value. 2% per month on recurring basis for the belated payment for water and Sew.
SEWERAGE SERVICE CHARGES (WHERE THERE IS NO WATER SUPPLY CONNECTION)
|a. Domestic||Rs.40/- p.m.||Half yearly|
|e. Treated Sewer||Rs.20.21/KL.||Effect from 1-10-2019|
How can I pay my water tax online first time in Chennai?
Step1: First, log in to the Chennai property tax online payment portal. Then click the tab ‘Online Payment’ under the ‘Online Civic Services’ section. Step2: Enter zone number, ward number, bill number, and sub number.
Can we pay water tax online in Tamilnadu?
Users can pay water taxes online to the Chennai Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Board (CMWSSB), an organisation under Municipal Administration and Water Supply Department of Tamil Nadu government. One can calculate the water taxes and check the status of charges online.
How can I check my water bill online in Chennai?
Step 1 – On the Home page of the stated website, click on the Pay/Check Water Tax charges. Step 2 – on the following page, opt for Click to view Water Tax & Charges Online Payment. Step 3 – Fill in the required details (as shown below).
Can we drink Chennai Metro Water?
“Metro Water is legally bound to provide safe drinking water to all. … Chennai’s water managers could also learn from their Mumbai counterparts. In Mumbai, 3850 MLD of the cleanest tap water in India is supplied daily.
Where does Chennai get water from?
Chennai receives most of its water from Poondi Lake (3,231 Mcft), Sholavaram Lake (881 Mcft), Red Hills Lake (3,300 Mcft) and Chembarambakkam Lake (3,645 Mcft). The Veeranam Water Supply Project was implemented as an additional source of water to Chennai City.
How property tax is calculated?
Property taxes are calculated by taking the mill levy and multiplying it by the assessed value of the owner’s property. The assessed value estimates the reasonable market value for your home. … The assessor will review all relevant information surrounding your property to estimate its overall value.
What is water tax in India?
Domestic metered connections :
9.50 per 1000 litres. The rates for Shops, Non AC restaurants, office premises, Govt hospitals/Govt dispensaries , offices of PSUs, Govt. undertaking etc is Rs. … 18.00 per 1000 litres.
How can I get Patta online?
Applying for Patta Chitta Online
- Step 1: Log on to the Tamil Nadu Patta Chitta website, the website is available in two languages – English & Tamil.
- Step 2: Select the ‘View Patta & FMB / Chitta / TSLR Extract’ under the head ‘View Patta Copy/A-Register Extract’.
- Step 3: Select the District from the drop-down menu.
How can I get water connection in Coimbatore?
- To apply for new water connection go to the municipal commissioner office in your area.
- Link for contact details :link for district Select district option from the left part of the screen. …
- Go to the respective office and consult with authority to do the preliminary round of discussion for your need.
How can I change my name in property tax in Tamilnadu?
Process to initiate Name Change in Property Tax Records
- Receipt of tax last paid,
- Attested copy of the sale transaction deed (sale deed in your name)
- No Objection Certificate from the associated housing society.
- Duly filled application for form with signature.