|Raja Ravi Varma|
|Other names||Koili Thampuran of Kilimanoor, Ravi Varma Koil Thampuran|
|Alma mater||University College Thiruvananthapuram|
Who is the first woman artist in India?
Amrita Sher-Gil (30 January 1913 – 5 December 1941) was a Hungarian-Indian painter. She has been called “one of the greatest avant-garde women artists of the early 20th century” and a “pioneer” in modern Indian art.
Who is the first woman graduate?
On this day in 1861, Kadambini Ganguly (née Bose) was born in Bhagalpur British India, now Bangladesh. In 1883, Kadambini Ganguly and her peer Chandramukhi BasuIn became the first women to graduate college in Indian history.
Who is a famous female artist?
The 20 Female Artists You Need to Know
- Élisabeth Louise Vigée Le Brun (French, 1755–1842) …
- Mary Cassatt (American, 1844–1926) …
- Hilma af Klint (Swedish, 1862-1944) …
- Georgia O’Keeffe (American, 1887-1986) …
- Augusta Savage (American, 1892-1962) …
- Frida Kahlo (Mexican, 1907-1954) …
- Louise Bourgeois (French, 1911-2010)
Who is the most famous Indian?
List of original fifty nominees
- Dr. B. R. Ambedkar (1891–1956)
- A. P. J. Abdul Kalam (1931–2015)
- Vallabhbhai Patel (1875–1950)
- Jawaharlal Nehru (1889–1964)
- Mother Teresa (1910–1997)
- J. R. D. Tata (1904–1993)
- Indira Gandhi (1917–1984)
- Sachin Tendulkar (b. 1973)