Section 80C is a popular tax-saving deduction where you can save up to a maximum of Rs 1.5 lakh per financial year, using certain investments and expenses. The tax saving calculator consists of a formula box, where you enter the total taxable income, and your current investments or expenses under Section 80C.
How can I save my maximum tax in India?
Recommended ways of saving taxes under Sec 80C,80D and 80EE
- Make an investment of Rs 1.5 lakh under Sec 80C to reduce your taxable income. …
- Buy Medical Insurance, maximum deduction allowed is Rs. …
- Claim deduction up to Rs 50,000 on Home Loan Interest under Section 80EE.
How much we can save for income tax?
4. NSC (National Saving Certificate): A National Savings Certificate has a tenure of 5 years and a fixed rate of interest. The rate is currently 8%. The interest on NSC is also automatically counted towards the Rs 1.5 lakh 80C limit and is tax-deductible if no other investments are using up the limit.
How can I reduce my income tax?
- Claim deductible expenses. …
- Donate to charity. …
- Create a mortgage offset account. …
- Delay receiving income. …
- Hold investments in a discretionary family trust. …
- Pre-pay expenses. …
- Invest in an investment bond. …
- Review your income package.
How can I save tax on 20 lakhs?
Donations – Section 80G of the Income Tax Act also allows you to avail tax saving on 20L income for making donations to charities, NGOs and government-backed relief funds. The amounts donated to such organizations are entirely exempted from tax. Others – Section 80TTA allows you to avail deduction up to Rs.
How is tax calculated on salary?
As his taxable income is Rs. 3,77,500, he falls in the slab of 2.5 lakhs – 5 lakhs of income tax. Thus he has to pay 10% of his net income as income tax.
|Basic Salary||25000 * 12||= 3,00,000|
|DA||4500 * 12||= 54,000|
|EA||2250 * 12||= 27,000|
|Gross Salary||= 3,81,000|
What is the tax on 1 crore in India?
Taxpayers with income between Rs 50 lakh and Rs 1 crore continue to pay 10% surcharge, between Rs 1 crore and Rs 2 crore pay 15%, between Rs 2 crore and Rs 5 crore pay 25% and those with income over Rs 5 crore pay 37%.
How can I save tax if I earn 10 lakhs?
Tax Deductions under Section 80(C)
- Investments in PPF (Public Provident Fund)
- Investments in EPF (Employee Provident Fund)
- Investments in ELSS funds (Equity-Linked Savings Scheme)
- Investments in NSC (National Savings Certificates)
- Payment of premiums against Life Insurance Policies.
What is the tax on 12 lakhs?
12 lakhs, they will be paying a 30% tax on Rs. 12 lakhs i.e Rs. 3,60,000.
What is total salary?
Gross salary is the amount received by an employee without any tax deductions. Net salary is the amount that an individual receives after all deductions have been taken out. Gross salary = Basic salary + HRA + Other allowances. Net salary = Gross salary – Income tax – Provident Fund – Professional tax.
How much tax should I pay for 7 lakhs?
New income tax slabs for individuals for FY 2020-21
|Income Tax Slab||Tax Rate|
|From Rs.5,00,001 to Rs.7,50,000||10% of the total income that is more than Rs.5 lakh + 4% cess|
|From Rs.7,50,001 to Rs.10,00,000||15% of the total income that is more than Rs.7.5 lakh + 4% cess|
How can I save tax beyond 1.5 lakhs?
Section 80CCD (1B) allows an additional tax deduction of up to Rs 50,000 on contribution in NPS Tier I Account. This deduction is over and above the deduction available on contribution of up to Rs 1.5 lakh in the NPS Tier I account under Section 80C.
Do I need to pay tax?
You do not have to pay tax on all types of income. … You pay tax on things like: money you earn from employment. profits you make if you’re self-employed – including from services you sell through websites or apps.
Who is supposed to pay tax?
People who pay income tax are generally individuals who earn an income (from a salary, commission, fees, etc.). Corporate tax includes tax paid by companies or close corporations, as well as trusts, on their annual income.