India has 116 ticketed monuments in 19 states, managed by the Archeological Survey of India. Out of the 116 monuments, 17 monuments are located in Uttar Pradesh, 16 are in Maharashtra, 12 are in Karnataka, 10 are in Delhi, eight are in Madhya Pradesh, seven are in Tamil Nadu, and six are in Gujarat.
How many historical places are there?
21 Historical Places In Karnataka
- Hampi – City Of Ruins.
- Mysore – City Of Palaces.
- Bijapur – Biggest Domes In India.
- Shimoga – Ancient Rulers And Dynasties.
- Bangalore – The Silicon Valley.
- Badami – Unique Rock Cut Temples.
- Halebidu – The History Of The Hoysala Empire.
- Srirangapatna – Magnificent Architectural Masterpieces.
Which is the first historical place in India?
Qutub Minar, Delhi
A UNESCO World Heritage Site, it is located in Mehrauli and its construction was started in 1192 by Qutb Ud-Din-Aibak, founder of Delhi Sultanate. Later, the tower was built by various rulers over the centuries. The sight of this glorious monument takes you back to the rich history of India.
Who made Taj Mahal?
Which is the historical state in India?
Karnataka (1956): It was formed as a Mysore State on 1 November 1956. Mysore state was created by bringing together all Kannada speaking regions in 1956. The state was renamed Karnataka in 1973.