With more than 3000 varieties, tea is now the world’s second most popular beverage, after water. Not surprisingly, India tops the chart of top tea-consuming countries, and also happens to be the second-largest exporter of tea.
How many varieties of teas are there?
There are over 3000 varieties of tea, each with its own specific characteristics. The naming and growing of teas is in many ways similar to wine.
Why Indian tea is best?
5. Flavor: Indian Tea is Packed with Flavor. India produces some of the most flavorful teas in the world. The distinct spices of Chai tea, along with milk that is sometimes added, lends to its’ soothing and warm flavor.
Is green tea popular in India?
Although green tea is extremely popular in Japan and China, it is gaining popularity in India and other countries due to its health benefits and unique taste.
What are the 4 types of tea?
The primary types of tea are black tea, green tea, white tea, oolong tea, pu-erh tea, purple tea, and herbal infusions. If you’re new to tea, the many different types and varieties of tea can seem confusing and overwhelming.
What are the six types of tea?
And it’s the processing of the tea leaves, not the type of plant, that determines the six types of teas:
- White tea.
- Green tea.
- Yellow tea.
- Oolong tea.
- Black tea.
- Dark tea (or post-fermented tea)
Which company tea is best?
The 11 best premium tea brands in the world
|Republic of Tea||Best white||$$|
Which tea is best for health?
The 10 Best Teas To Drink For Health
- Green Tea. Green tea is considered one of the healthiest teas available. …
- White Tea. White tea is the least processed of the true teas. …
- Oolong Tea. Oolong tea is a semi-fermented tea. …
- Black Tea. …
- Pu-Erh Tea.