The purpose of the mission was to negotiate with the Indian National Congress a deal to obtain total co-operation during the war, in return for devolution and distribution of power from the crown and the Viceroy to an elected Indian legislature.
What happened in Quit India Movement?
Also known as the Bharat Chhodo Andolan, this movement was a mass civil disobedience that took place in the country. During the launch of the movement, the father of the nation delivered a speech amid a ‘do or die’ situation. He demanded that the British must leave India immediately or face dire consequences.
What is Quit India Movement answer?
The Quit India Movement also known as ‘August Revolution’ was launched after the failure of the Cripps Mission when it failed to solve the constitutional deadlock. The resolution was framed by Mahatma Gandhi for British withdrawal and a non-violent non-cooperation movement against any Japanese invasion.
What were the main causes of Quit India Movement?
Causes of Quit India Movement
- The immediate cause of the Quit India movement was the collapse of Cripps Mission.
- The INC did not grant unconditional support to the Britishers during World War II as was assumed by the Britishers.
- The feeling of nationalism and self-rule had gained popularity among the Indian masses.
What made British to leave India?
One reason why the British were reluctant to leave India was that they feared India would erupt into civil war between Muslims and Hindus. … In 1947 the British withdrew from the area and it was partitioned into two independent countries – India (mostly Hindu) and Pakistan (mostly Muslim).
What were the reasons for the failure of Quit India Movement write any five?
Reasons for the failure of Quit India movement:
- Want of well – organised planning: …
- Want of co – operation of the Indian bureaucracy and officials: …
- Want of power and resources as compared to the preparedness of the British government: …
- Suppressive policy of the government:
What were the reasons for the failure of Quit India Movement write any five reasons?
Gandhi hoped that, due to its military involvement in the war, Britain would capitulate and give India self-rule. However, the Quit India Movement failed because its leaders did not present a clear plan of action and some supporters began to enact violence against buildings owned by the British government.