India’s most populous island is Salsette; the island is located on the western side of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The city of Thane, the metropolis of Mumbai, is located on this island.
What are the 3 most populated islands?
Most Populated Islands in the World
What are the 5 most populated islands in the world?
The 10 Most Populous Islands in the World
- Sumatra, Indonesia — 50 million people.
- Luzon, Philippines — 49.52 million people. …
- Madagascar — 25.57 million people. …
- Mindanao, Philippines — 25.53 million people. …
- Taiwan — 23.76 million people. …
- Sri Lanka — 21.44 million people. …
- Borneo — 21.3 million people. …
What is the 2nd biggest island in the world?
New Guinea is the 2nd largest Island in the world, with an area of 785,753 sq km.
Can an island be man made?
Artificial islands have a long history and are usually constructed by reclamation, which implies building up the island by depositing soil, sand, or other construction materials until the water surface is penetrated and an island surface created.