The B-2 visa is for travel that is recreational in nature, including tourism, visits with friends or relatives, medical treatment and activities of a fraternal, social or service nature. Often, the B-1 and B-2 visas are combined and issued as one visa: the B-1/B-2.
Is B-2 visa Open in India?
From February 1, India will resume limited processing of all visa categories, including student visas, H1-B, H4, L-1, L-2, C1/D, and B1/B2 visas, said the US Embassy in India on Friday. … The US government in June had suspended the entry of several non-immigrant visa categories till December due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
How can I get B-2 visa from India?
How To Apply For B2 Visa ?
- Complete the online application. You have to fill the DS-160 form. …
- Pay the visa fee. Print a copy of the payment confirmation page.
- Schedule the visa appointment. To do so, you have to login on the visa page and click on Schedule Appointment, which is present on the left menu of the dashboard.
What is B-2 visa good for?
The B-1/B-2 visa is a temporary, non-immigrant visa that allows the holder to travel to the United States for either business or tourism purposes. Almost all reasons for temporary travel are covered by B visas except student travel, which is covered under F-1 visas.
How can I get B1 B-2 visa from India?
The application process for the B-2 visa
- Submit the Form DS-160.
- Pay the visa fees.
- Schedule the tourist visa interview at the US embassy or consulate.
- Complete the B-2 visa document file.
- Attend the visa interview.
How can I get U.S. visa from India?
You can apply for a US tourist visa following simple steps.
- Download and fill the Visa Electronic Application Form (DS-160).
- Pay the required visa application fee.
- The candidate can then schedule the interview. …
- Last, visit the U.S. Embassy on the date of interview.
How can I get emergency visa for USA from India?
Emergency Visa Appointment Procedure in India for the USA
- Complete Application Form DS-160. …
- Pay visa application fee.
- Schedule an appointment for the earliest available date. …
- If your request is approved, you will receive an email asking you to schedule expedited appointment at the CGI Web site.
How much bank balance is required for US tourist visa?
How much bank balance should you have for applying to the US tourist visa? The amount of bank balance you should have for applying to the US tourist visa depends on the duration. If it is a 15-day trip, you must have $ 5,000-10,000 in your bank.
How much is B2 visa fee?
The current application fee for a B2 Tourist Visa is $160. This fee must be paid in order for the application to reach the next stage in the process. An applicant may also need to pay further fees, depending on where they are applying from.
Who is eligible for B2 visa?
To qualify for the B2 travel visa, you must prove that: The purpose of your trip is to tour the U.S. You have a permanent residence in your home country that you have no intention of abandoning. You have binding ties to your home country in the form of property, family, or a permanent job.
Can you get married on a B2 visa?
Getting Married on a Tourist Visa
Yes, you can get married in the U.S. while on a B-1/B-2 tourist visa or a visa waiver program. However, coming to the U.S. as a visitor with the sole purpose of getting married and then filing for adjustment of status is considered fraud.
How much is a 10 year US visa?
If you choose Standard Processing, it will take 9 days, and your visa will cost USD 200.00. If you choose Rush Processing, it will take 7 days, and your visa will cost USD 230.00.
Can I travel from India to USA on B1 B-2 visa?
Travel to the US is not permitted on a B-1/B-2 visa at present unless you qualify for a National Interest Exception (NIE).