In general, the Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) publish an advertisement in the newspaper or its website to set up petrol pumps at different locations across the country. Many oil firms such as Essar Group, IOC, Hindustan Petroleum etc. have an application form on their official website for the Retail Outlet Franchisee.
Can I own a petrol pump in India?
To be eligible to obtain a petrol pump license and start a petrol pump, the individual must be an Indian Citizen and a resident of India, as per the Income Tax rules. To get the resident of India document, an individual must stay in India for 182 days or more in the previous Financial year.
How can I open petrol pump in India?
To open a petrol pump business, you must have a good investment capacity to start with. There are two types of charges for opening petrol pumps in India: Rs 12 lakhs for ROs for rural areas and Rs 25 lakhs for ROs in urban areas, though the amount may vary from company to company.
Is it profitable to open a petrol pump in India?
On average, a petrol pump business owner or dealer earns a profit margin of Rs. 1.2 for every litre of petrol sold, whereas he earns Rs 1.8 for every litre of diesel. So, a petrol pump is a low-margin business, where you can generate good revenue and become profitable.
Which brand of petrol is best in India?
List of Top 6 Best Quality Brands of Petrol Pumps in India
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
- Reliance Industries Ltd.(RIL)
- Shell India Private Limited (Shell)
- Essar Oil(Nayara Energy)
How can I buy a petrol pump?
What is the Complete Process to open a Petrol Pump in India?
- The First Step of the process: Eligibility Criteria:-
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen and if he/she is Non-Resident Indian i.e. NRI then he must live in India for at least 180 days before applying for a petrol pump or retail outlet.
Which brand petrol is best for car?
Major Indian oil companies like BPCL, IOCL, HPCL guarantee a better mileage and long-run performance of the car with their premium fuel. In India unleaded petrol typically has octane ratings of 87, whereas premium fuel has an octane level of 93–94.
Which type of land is required for petrol pump?
offering Agricultural land shall convert the same to Non-Agricultural, for use of petrol pump and other allied purposes at their own expenses and cost before registration of sale deed/lease deed.
What is RO in petrol pump?
Reservation for retail outlet (RO) dealerships.
Which is the best business in India?
Based on these patterns, here is a list of the top 10 businesses in India:
- Website Designing. Blogging and digital marketing are some of the most popular options for employment. …
- Interior Designing and Decoration. …
- Real Estate. …
- Building Materials. …
- Wedding Planning. …
- Pharmaceutical Businesses. …
- Travel Agency. …
- Organic Farming.
How can I get loan for petrol pump business?
The process to apply for a business loan for the petrol pump
- You must be over 21 years of age.
- From the date of inception of the petrol pump, you must have been in business for a minimum of 1 year.
- The minimum monthly revenue must be at least Rupees 2 Lac.
How do petrol stations make money?
Petrol stations don’t make much money
Retailers try to make about 4-5p per litre, but out of that they have to pay staff, business rates and corporation tax. Fuel stations often depend heavily on sales from the shop – a retailer can make more on selling a Costa coffee than on 40 litres of fuel. ‘
Is Shell petrol better than others India?
Also learnt that the petrol is more costlier that any other brand. I work in Hinjawadi, Pune and have a Shell fuel station there. Have not seen any other around in the city in Deccan, Kothrud, or nearby area for that matter. The fuel station has hardly any vehicle filling in the fuel.
Which company petrol is best mileage?
Most fuel-efficient petrol cars in India
- Renault Kwid. ARAI Certified: 25.17kpl. …
- Maruti Suzuki Alto K10. ARAI Certified: 23.95kpl. …
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno. ARAI certified: 23.87kpl. …
- Toyota Glanza. ARAI certified: 23.87kpl. …
- Tata Tiago. …
- Maruti Suzuki Celerio. …
- Datsun Redigo 1.0 AMT. …
- Maruti Suzuki Wagon R 1.0-litre.
Is Shell petrol better?
Their fuel is portrayed to have a higher quality and be better for your car’s engine. Retailers like BP, Shell and Esso sometimes put additives into their fuel to help boost the fuel efficiency of your car. This means that fuel from supermarkets, without these additives, could be costing you more in the long run.