What are the documents required for passport renewal in India?
Documents Required for Passport Renewal
- Original old Passport.
- Self-attested copies of the first two and last two pages of the passport.
- Self-attested copy of the ECR/Non-ECR page.
- Self-attested copy of the page of observation, if any, made by the Passport Issuing Authority.
How do I renew my expired Indian passport?
How can I renew my passport in India?
- Register for the passport renewal on Passport Seva’s official website – www.passportindia.gov.in.
- After logging into your passport account, click on the option ‘Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport’
- Now fill up the application form for passport renewal.
How can I renew my Indian passport in USA?
Complete the DS-82 passport application online.
Renewal of Adult passport
- Who can renew passport by mail?
- Fill up Online form.
- Fees for processing passport.
- Fees for dispatching passport through courier.
- Required documents.
- Embassy and Consulate addresses for delivery.
- Check your passport application status online.
How long does it take to renew a passport?
Renewing Your Passport at the Post Office
You can renew your passport by making an appointment at a Post Office. They will review your application and then send your passport application to their regional passport center for processing. Typical porcessing in this “routine” manner takes around 10-12 weeks.
Is Aadhaar card required for passport renewal?
Aadhar card is mandatory for EPF withdrawal, transfer etc. Aadhar card has been made compulsory for application as well as renewal of passport. It is also compulsory for NRI and their bank accounts.
How long does passport renewal take in India?
While the standard timeline for receiving the normal passport is 30 days from the date of submitting the application, typically it takes two to three weeks to get a fresh passport or get your passport renewed. If applying for Tatkal, you can get a passport within one to three days.
Is police verification needed for passport renewal?
Police verification is not done for re-issuance of a passport, unless the circumstances of the applicant have changed or the passport is being re-issued on account of it being lost or stolen. The police verification stage is an important security measure with regard to the issuance of passports in India.
Can I renew an expired passport?
Eligibility to Renew a U.S. Passport
You can renew your current or expired U.S. passport unless your passport was: Issued before your 16th birthday. Issued 15 or more years ago. Damaged, lost, or stolen.