|Type of road||Length|
|Expressways||1,206 km (749 mi) as of 2011|
|National Highways||79,116 km (49,160 mi)|
|State Highways||155,716 km (96,757 mi)|
Which is the largest means of transport?
Worldwide, the most widely used modes for passenger transport are the Automobile (16,000 bn passenger km), followed by Buses (7,000), Air (2,800), Railways (1,900), and Urban Rail (250).
Which is the best transport in India?
Experts say it is no surprise that Kolkata holds the top rank in the country as it has a array of options – including the age-old tram system, the new age metro rail and ‘intermediate public transport’ systems like autorickshaws and taxis that go by the meter.
Which is the most expensive mode of transport?
Answer: Air transportation is the costliest mode of transportation whereas rail transportation is the cheapest mode of transportation.
Which is the No 1 transport company in India?
List of Road Transport Companies in India
|No||Companies Name||Security Code|
|1||ABC INDIA LTD.-$||501827|
|2||BALURGHAT TECHNOLOGIES LTD.||507984|
|3||CENTRAL PROVINCES RAILWAYS CO.LTD.||520123|
|4||CHARTERED LOGISTICS LTD.||520127|
Which govt bus is best in India?
Home Know the ‘best 10’ government transport corporations in India
- Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (UPSRTC) …
- Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC) …
- Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) …
- Himachal Road Transport Corporation (HRTC) …
- Telangana State Road Transport Corporation (TSRTC)
What are the 5 modes of transportation in logistics?
Modes of Transportation in the Global Supply Chain
- Shipping Containers in the Supply Chain. …
- Trucks in the Supply Chain. …
- Chassis in the Supply Chain. …
- Railcars and Engines in the Supply Chain. …
- Aircraft in the Supply Chain. …
- Unit Load Devices in the Supply Chain. …
- Ocean-Going Vessels in the Supply Chain.
What is the most used transportation?
Subway is the way
Rapid transit is by far the most popular form of transit. With more than 180 metro systems in operation worldwide, it provides passenger railway transportation in urban areas with a high capacity and frequency of service and adds quality to living in the big cities.